Sunday, October 04, 2009

Arriving in Amsterdam Schipol Airport

I had not taken such a long haul flight since 2002.As usual, i prefer to gain more precious sleeping time by skipping supper. It is difficult for me to sleep well for the whole journey as my butt was felling pain. Or maybe i am already aging...Haiz...after slept for about 6 hours? or maybe less, i became so aweken until i finished Terminator 3 movie, and the last part of night at the musuem 2 movie before breakfast was served. Allysa told me: hey we take the cup , spoon and folk ya, later if we want to cook mee then at least we have some "ka chang ". Oh... i had been long time never doing this kind of "stealing" things from plane already :) . However it turn out we had made a wise decision by doing so, Those thing really help.

Backpacker rule no 1 : Get the spoon, cup, folk, nuts, cake, juices... from the plane if you forget to bring yourself.

Finally, the plane touched down at 645am at schipol airport. Once came out from the flight,cool air make me felt so fresh. There are some officers checking our passport and asked what is our purpose to come to Amsterdam. My colleague told me, last time she had been questionned until she felt like they suspected her to go there for prostitution.Hihi.

On the way going to custom, i saw a cow statue nearby a shop. Netherland is famous for the cow and cheese. So i asked allysa to take a photo for me. Just out of sudden this Mr. XX appeared from no where and he just wanted to take the photo together with me. Hmmm...well, ok lor what to do. After taken the photo, as an asian i was prepared to shake hand with him. But i forgot here was not asia, He, as a non-asian open his arm widely and gave me a hug! What the....??!! Can this consider my first encouter with Amsterdam?Next time can send someone more handsome or not har? End up there was no sight of the cow in my photo.

The immigration was ppl moutain ppl sea and yet they only open up 4 counters. The most annoying part was the luggage collection.Can you immagine that 3 flights shared a same luggage conveyor? What the.... There are many other luggage conveyors which were not working but why they only open up one? Compare with Schipol, KLIA had the better service.

We took sometime to find the train ticket counter. After we got the ticket from the officer with Euro 4.30, Allysa asked : can you tell us which platform is it ? The officer say : no cannot. hahahah!He was really a joker.
The train to city center is a double decker train. I was attracted to their annoucement board. Out of my suprise they are still using this a bit "lao ya" turning board rather than LCD display!So i got another conclusion, Do you think Europe countries were very advance? Think it agian!

1 comment:

Siu KeOnG said...

really ler..amsterdam air is fresh :P but hor..why no girl come take photo v me one.. sad :(